Chicken Pepper Soup with Unripe Plantain: So many homemade recipes for on how to cook pepper soup. This is how to cook chicken pepper soup – using unripe plantain to add more flavour in this delicious slow cooker pepper soup recipe. Yes, you can fix up this restaurant favourite at home – a taste of rich flavours and tender chicken. Add more chilli flakes if you want to up the spice factor. Chicken pepper soup is a very tasty delicacy and when combined with unripe plantain and yam, you have an irresistible meal for the family. It is very popular side dish. Here is the recipe. Enjoy!
You might also be interested in: Recipe & Tips: How To Cook Beans and Dodo (Fried Plantain)
Ingredients For Chicken Pepper Soup Recipe
- Full chicken
- Yam tuber
- Slightly ripe plantain (or unripe)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- Minced ginger and garlic
- Scotch Bonnet, thinly sliced OR hot ground pepper
- Pepper soup spice/seasoning
- Dry or Fresh mint leaves
- Seasoning cubes (Maggi or Knorr)
- Salt to taste
Preparation Of Chicken Pepper Soup
- Peel, wash and slice the yam into bite chunks. Then peel and slice the plantain into 3 or 4 pieces. Set the yam and plantain aside.
- Wash and chop the chicken. Add the onion, ginger, garlic, seasoning cubes and salt to taste. Place on low heat and leave to simmer for 10 minutes to allow the meat to release its natural flavours.
- Add plantain and yam. Then add, pepper and pepper soup seasoning. Stir all nice, and allow to cook for about 20 minutes or until the yam, plantain and chicken are almost soft. Make sure that the water is slightly over the contents in pot. Otherwise, add some more. Then add the mint leaves. Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary. Then leave to cook till the chicken, yam and plantain are very tender.
Serve and enjoy hot with your favourite drink!
What do you think about our Chicken Pepper Soup with Unripe Plantain recipe? Have we missed anything? Add your contributions in the comments section below. If you find this interesting, share it with your friends using any of the buttons below.