This zesty Mexican/Spanish always brings the flavours of a classic tropical holiday vibes. Spicy alcohol-free twist sangria cocktail drink made with tomato sauce, orange juice, and a variety of seasonings. You can always have it with a shot of tequila. Come lets craft this perfect summer party drink – the spiced sangrita recipe.
- 3/4 cup tomato juice
- 350ml fresh orange juice
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon chilly powder
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4teaspoon salt, have extra for the glasses
- Fresh lime slices, to garnish
*Serves 5 (1ltr)*
- In a large jug, mix tomato juice with chilled orange juice.
- Add lime juice, chilly powder, sugar, salt and chile powder, and mix all of the ingredients well.
- Dip glasses rims in salt (optional), then pour the sangrita in to glasses. Serve with ice.
- Garnish each glass with fresh lime slice. Add 1 tablespoon of hot sauce if spicier flavour is desired. Enjoy!
Spiced sangrita is a traditional drink from Mexico, and enjoyed in Spanish communities. Usually drank with a shot of tequila.
See more Food & Drinks recipes