Add some spice to your finger food with a batch of this spicy peppered chicken wings. Coated in a sticky spice mix of jalapenos, ginger, garlic and soy glaze. Tasty chicken wings that are great for a starter or light meal, and can be prepared with leftover chicken. These gorgeous crispy chicken wings are slowly grilled in your favour spice mix making them super juicy and tender. Great for sharing, this dish will bring you the taste of chicken you’ve been craving!
for 6 servings
- ½ kg bone-in, skin-on chicken wings, and legs
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced, or use celery
- 2 tbsp cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 fresh tomato, diced
- ½ tablespoon ground ginger
- ½ tablespoon allspice
- ½ tablespoon fresh thyme
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 2 jalapenos, thinly sliced
- 2 red hot pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 Knorr/Maggi cubes, or seasoning of choice
- Soy or BBQ sauce, to taste
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 250F (130C).
- Wash and drain chicken clean.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry seasoning ingredients and mix well.
- Place chicken in the spice mix, and mix well, making sure all the chicken is fully coated. Cover and allow to marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, up to 24 hours.
- Spray a baking tray with nonstick cooking spray and place on top of a foiled sheet pan.
- Then distribute wings evenly on top, making sure they well-spaced out.
- Grill for about 30 minutes, then increase the temperature to 425F (220C) and grill for an additional 40 minutes, or until wings are crisp and golden.
- In a hot pan, put 1 tablespoon cooking oil. Add lemon tomatoes, sliced red pepper and jalapenos and salt. Stir until combined.
- Add wings and chopped cilantro leaves, or herb of choice. Then stir to coat.
- Serve hot, and top with lime wedges, if desired.
See more Food recipes