Simmer down with lemon, this homemade detox water cleanser is the perfect way to quench your thirst daily and a great alternative to help with weight management. Infuse water with fresh lemon and a splash of honey for this vibrant and sweet detox water. If you are looking for a flat belly and prevent weight gain, you’ll adore this lemon water recipe. You can always combine this all-purpose citrus with ginger, cucumber, etc. They add plenty of flavour to a classic for a fabulous detox water and thirst quencher. Lemon is one of the most beneficial fruits/foods. Lemon water when paired with any weight loss diet and routine adds extra guaranteed health benefits.
We also recommend our guide to the 7 best fruits and vegetables for flat belly.
- Honey and mint for taste
- Wash the fresh lemons, then slice.
- Pour a litre of cold water in a jar, infuse water with slices of lemon. Add 1 tbsp of honey and fresh mint. Refrigerate overnight to add super flavour to the water.
- Alternatively, you can pour a glass of water and just squeeze one fresh lemon into your water and enjoy.
- For warmth in colder weather, using hot water is a good option to add more flavour – natural lemon tea for some coziness.
When to drink for best results
One glass of the refrigerated lemon water in the morning on empty stomach, let it sit for about 40 minutes before you eat or drink anything else. Helps with boosting fat burning mechanisms.
Lemon water in the morning
- Helps with weight loss
- Combats dehydration
- Energizes the body
- Boosts metabolism
- Stimulates the digestive system
- Boosts brain power
Lemon water at night
- Aids weight loss
- Relieves inflammation
- Helps with heartburn
- Detoxifies the colon
Additional Lemon Water Detox Recipes
- Lemon water and lime
- Lemon water with Ginger and Orange
- Lemon water with Cucumber and Mint
- Lemon water with Strawberry and Mint
- Lemon water with Cinnamon and Honey
- Lemon water with Cucumber, Ginger and Mint
Incredible Health Benefits of Lemon
Lemon water is easily one of the go-to detox water cleanses for people that wants to lose weight naturally. Detoxes the body naturally which helps release fat cells, a simple and effective starting point for weight loss and flat belly.
Helps with metabolism and body detoxification
Water infused with lemon is known to help remove and release harmful toxin in the body. With its strong antimicrobial properties, lemon can help fight infections as well as harmful bacteria that slow the metabolism rate.
Aids in improving digestion
Lemon water helps with gastric issues as well as brings relief to indigestion.
Optimal hydration and prevention of heart disease
With regular consumption of lemon water, your daily fluid intake increases. It’s not just a bare water intake, but the healthy minerals in lemons will act as electrolytes to the body and maintain high body hydration levels. Keep sipping this refreshing healthy water packed with vitamin C and potassium (which can also help with iron absorption). This also helps with heart health as the potassium can help maintain cardiovascular function.
Improves skin quality
Regular consumption of lemon water helps to natural clear dark spots and blemishes. Giving your skin and face that fresh natural poppin!