A perfect pasta dish for family meal. Give your leftover bolognese sauce another chance to shine with this rich and tasty rigatoni bolognese recipe. Serve this delicious sauce with pasta and cheese shavings of choice an easy lunch or dinner main. This tasty dish combines the Italian’s finest ingredients with cheese, and paired with garlic bread for an undeniably light, regular meal.
for 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ kg ground beef, or the mince of choice
- 1 tablespoons tomato paste
- 350g crushed tomato
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 60ml red wine, optional
- 60ml heavy cream
- 200ml beef broth
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 pack rigatoni pasta, cooked to pack instructions
- Hard cheese of your choice, grated to serve, optional
- In a large pot, set on medium heat, add the olive oil and sauté the onions, celery, carrots, garlic and cook until they are soft, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the ground beef. Season with salt and pepper, and break up the meat with a spoon and keep frying until no longer pink.
- Then, add the tomato paste, Italian seasoning, and red wine. Stir and reduce heat until the wine has almost completely evaporated.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, except the heavy cream. Stir to ensure everything is well mixed.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes on low heat. The longer the simmer, the deeper and more concentrated the flavour.
- Add the cooked pasta to the bolognese sauce, stir in the cream.
- Serve with sprinkle of cheese and garlic bread, if desired.
See more Food recipes