Super-fast and healthy soup. This is a great easy-to-make Nigerian soup that all the family will enjoy. Afang soup is native to the Efiks, people of Akwa Ibom and Cross River states, but enjoyed by all Nigerians. It is also very nutritious as the soup consists mainly of vegetables. How to cook Afang soup? Just make sure you have the right vegetables in generous amount, and assorted meat and fish. One of the classic Nigerian foods!
- Sliced okazi leaves (afang leaves) as much as required.
- Water leaves
- Palm oil
- Assorted meat and fish
- Goat meat,
- Dried fish
- Periwinkle or shrimp
- Seasoning cubes; Maggi/Knorr
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to Cook Afang Soup
- Wash drain and slice water leave, grind or pound slices okazi leave into tiny pieces, (can b achieved with your kitchen blender and a little water in it), then chop onion, wash and blend pepper with the crayfish together.
- Boil beef, Pomo add onions and some Maggie, and of course salt to taste. Let it boil then when almost cooked add dried fish and allow it cook for about 5 minutes.
- Now add the palm oil, crayfish and pepper once it starts boiling, add the afang leave, water leave and periwinkle.
- Then when the leave becomes tender and the water almost drying up add some salt to taste and allow it simmer for about 5 minutes. And your Afang soup is ready. Enjoy!
View this post on Instagram
Afang Soup 😋 Video recipe brought to you by the best mother-in-law on earth 💃🏾💃🏾. Thanks mummy 😘😘 😘 Checkout the 9jafoodie YouTube channel for more cooking videos. Happy Sunday and happy cooking 🤗 #naijafood #naijafoodie #nigerianfood #food #african #nigerian #9jafoodie #nigerianrecipes #afang #afangsoup #recipevideo #9jafoodievideo