Suya is a spicy grilled meat (skewered meat) kinda dish, a popular street food in Nigeria, as well as other West African countries. This meat dish can be prepared with any meat of your choice. Suya a is local delicacy that has been tantalizing taste buds for decades. Be sure to add Nigerian suya recipe to your list of favourite homemade recipes!
Ingredients For Suya – Grilled Meat
- Meat (Beef or Chicken)
Ingredients for Suya Spice Recipe
- ½ cup grounded Kuli Kuli (Substitute roasted groundnut powder)
- ½cup Ginger Powder
- ¼ cup Chilli Powder
- ¼ cup Paprika Powder**
- ¼ cup Onion Powder
- ¼ cup Garlic Powder
- 1 table spoon sea salt
Paprika powder in this context is ground dried tatashe (bell pepper), very similar to ground pepper (shombo). This helps to give the suya spice a more “Red” and bright appearance instead of the dull brown color.
How To Prepare Suya Spice mix
- Combine all of the ingredients thoroughly
- Store in an air tight container for future use
- Slice the beef in thin pieces. Mix with salt and suya spice and arrange them.
- Grill or bake until the beef is cooked through.
- Serve with fresh tomatoes and onions.
See more Food recipes