Spice up your lunch and dinner with this filling pasta dish that’s packed with mince turkey. Save time and effort with this tasty and easy to make tomato sauce recipe with rigatoni pasta recipe. With the mince meat of your choice freeze well, you can double the recipe and put a sauce batch in the freezer after cooking and cooling. Rigatoni in tomato sauce recipe is an Italian classic family favourite and a dish which you can put your own twist; try beef mince and shrimp or lamb mince and see where it takes you!
- 500g turkey mince, or chicken or beef
- 1 pack Rigatoni pasta
- Chopped tomatoes with garlic, onion and basil
- 50g chickpeas
- 1 onion, chopped
- Grated cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp nutmeg
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- Chili red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Seasoning cubes; Maggi/Knorr
- Salt & pepper
- Chop the tomatoes and set aside – add the peppers, onion and garlic to a blender and blend roughly.
- Heat olive oil in a cooking pan and stir fry the mince meat in it, add the child pepper flakes and chopped tomatoes. Add some thick cream and allow to boil in the cream.
- Put all other ingredients, stir well and allow to simmer.
- Boil the rigatoni pasta according to package instruction. Drain the pasta and add to the pan with the sauce. Toss for about 2 minutes over a medium heat.
- Serve hot with an extra sprinkle of grated cheese. Enjoy!