Bring the flavours of the Mediterranean to your midweek meal with this stunning lamb shawarma. The lamb shawarma kebab is an ideal meal for sharing, no matter the weather. This lamb shawarma recipe is loaded with fresh vegetables and the meat is marinated in fresh and zesty herbs and spices. Meltingly tender cooked lamb, prepared on a hot non-stick skillet. And served with your favourite juicy veggie toppings and a drizzle of freshly made tahini sauce. Feel free to add up this homemade shawarma guide on your fun healthy dinner recipes.
- 1 kg of boneless leg of lamb, trimmed of fat
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp fenugreek powder
- 1/2 tsp ground (cinnamon, black pepper, turmeric and cumin)
- 1/2 a nutmeg, grated
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbs white vinegar
- 5-7 Tbsp of tahini paste
- Salt and lemon juice to taste
- Add the tahini ingredients into a mixing bowl. Add water a little at a time, whisk until you have a thick, creamy, pourable sauce.
- Cut the meat into thin strips and place in a bowl.
- Mix all the spices, garlic, vinegar and oil in a little jar, close the lid and shake until combined.
- Pour the marinade over the lamb pieces. Stir with a spoon or your hand until the meat is evenly coated with the marinade.
- Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator for at least two hours. It is best if marinated over night.
- Preheat a large non stick skillet over medium/high heat before adding the marinated lamb and cook the meat until done.
- Serve with Tahini or garlic sauce, tomatoes, onions, chopped parsley and salty pickles: turnips, chili peppers & cucumbers.
See more Food recipes